|Home | About | Advertise With Us | Contact|
Open HousesTips for Making Your Reception at Home Fabulous
An open house is not uncommon when it comes to LDS weddings, especially when the bride and groom live in different states. Couples often opt for an open house rather than a regular reception to cut costs. Although it may be less expensive, there is no reason for it not to be high quality.
Use the following tips to help you make your open house a fabulous affair.
1. You must have a well-conceived schedule to maintain wedding day sanity. Know who is doing what and when it needs to be done.
2. Anticipate for potential trouble spots.
Is there enough parking? Are there enough bathrooms? Are they stocked with plenty of accessible toilet paper and soap? Do you have the kitchen equipment and space that you will need?
3. Enlist your most organized friend to supervise the setup of the celebration, including tables, chairs, centerpieces, etc.
4. Consider a caterer. Before ruling out the option for a caterer because you plan to do it yourself, compare costs. You may be surprised. When comparing your options, remember that by hiring a caterer, you do not have to worry about food preparation and servers will be provided. One less hassle.
5. If you are planning for an outdoor open house, spray the area to control pesky bugs. Citronella candles or torches may be a nice touch as well.