Flowers play an important role in enhancing your wedding style and bringing elegance and beauty to your special day. In order to perfect this aspect of your wedding, LDSWeddings.com has some pointers for you.
- Take the time to find the best florist.
- When discussing floral arrangements with your florist, consider the style and mood of your wedding, the season or environment, your budget, and what you like.
- Make sure you know what color scheme you will be using for your wedding before you visit the florist. If you have color swatches, bring them along.
- Choose flowers that are in season. They will be less expensive, easier to find, and last longer.
- Bridesmaids' bouquets should echo the color and style of the bride's, but smaller.
- Choose a hardy flower for boutonnieres. Orchids and roses are a popular choice.
- Ask the florist for an itemized bill in advance.
- Supply your florist with the names, addresses, and times for delivery.
- Before distributing the flowers to the wedding party, be sure the stems are dry. Water can cause problems on many types of material.
- To preserve your flowers as a keepsake and not just a faded memory, you should consider floral preservation.